That writing is an art is undisputed. However, it ceases to be an art and becomes an act when we have jokers and other useless characters claiming to be writers in the guise of blogging.
Plagiarism is a problem worldwide but the rate at which it has taken root locally is sickening. There are thousands and thousands of gifted, talented Kenyan bloggers. People who strive to pen their thoughts on various issues affecting mankind either socially, economically or politically. However, there are few others out there who believe in taking shortcuts. These are the ones I am writing about.
Whatever it is that you’ve decided to blog on, make sure the content is mature and of your creation. You can also decide to report on anything since reporting will require reference to multiple sources. However it is folly and the highest level of stupidity to just visit a website and copy all the content (copyrighted content for this matter) and paste on your blog. If you do this, try to acknowledge the source of your so called hot blogpost. Otherwise it is plagiarism and you are not different from that robber wallowing in remand as he awaits judgment from the magistrate.
Don’t be a thief of any content. Create yours in your own style and format.
First posted at ECHENZE KENYA
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page
WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON HERE?
- RT @jackomushien1: @B3laze Unajua kubebewa vitu kwa hizi mansion zetu si hard sana because vitu si mob 😂 3 minutes ago
- RT @Rygista: The side of Cristiano Ronaldo that doesn’t get highlighted enough, today wasn’t the first time he’s given his penalty to a te… 4 minutes ago
- RT @mcwm: We're in Barcelona and the only part of the @FCBarcelona match we can watch is this TV channel showing the sidelines and the comm… 5 minutes ago
- I first heard this song when I was in first year. I've dutifully played it every other week since then. 7 years and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 minutes ago
- RT @newsyc20: Trump Administration Restricts H-1B Worker Visas Coveted by High Tech n.pr/2ETeCun ( bit.ly/2ETn6S3) 10 minutes ago
- RT @jonrog1: As one of the credited writers of CATWOMAN, I believe I have the authority to say: because it was a shit movie dumped by the s… 11 minutes ago
- RT @CharlieFlani: Si alikuwa amepewa lift twitter.com/Des_Sagwe/stat… 18 minutes ago
- Elgeyo Marakwet is the most beautiful part of this country that I've ever been to. Scenic. Breathtaking views. twitter.com/KResearcher/st… 21 minutes ago
- RT @nycsouthpaw: This article about Facebook’s auction system, which Brad Parscale just endorsed, says that Facebook systematically charged… 22 minutes ago
- RT @KevKartel: How a kalenjin would say "cute" twitter.com/Mocha__H/statu… 23 minutes ago