You wake up, you update your Facebook status. You check mail, I mean email not snail mail. Of course you were tweeting till you slept. Never mind you already read all the news items contained in the bulky tabloid the newspaper vendor is selling across the street! Need I say that your phone stayed on the whole night not for security reasons but so that your push notifications are delivered instantly? Ok, you haven’t forgotten the chat session you never ended since Morpheus kidnapped you earlier than you expected.
Take a breath, visualize a world without the internet, without the world wide web. Now take a break. Where would you read this blog post then? Clueless?
One of the main disadvantages of computers is that they make us, human beings, overdependent on them. I think this far and wide extends to the internet and all information systems. We just can’t live without the information superhighway. Can we?
I don’t know what others may think but it’s practically impossible to think of the world without the interconnectivity and seamless sharing of information that we are used to today.
That we are living in the information age is undisputable. That we have slaves of the Net, as we fondly refer to the internet, is not lost on anyone.
Thus for the developing countries, Kenya included, the growth of the information and communication technology (ICT) sector is something that should be of utmost priority because that is where our future as a nation lies.
Whether we like it or not, we have no option but to join the rest of the world in tapping the full potential of the internet. There are challenges but challenges are there to be overcome.
Follow me on Twitter
Also posted at ECHENZE KENYA
WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON HERE?
- RT @jackomushien1: @B3laze Unajua kubebewa vitu kwa hizi mansion zetu si hard sana because vitu si mob 😂 4 minutes ago
- RT @Rygista: The side of Cristiano Ronaldo that doesn’t get highlighted enough, today wasn’t the first time he’s given his penalty to a te… 5 minutes ago
- RT @mcwm: We're in Barcelona and the only part of the @FCBarcelona match we can watch is this TV channel showing the sidelines and the comm… 6 minutes ago
- I first heard this song when I was in first year. I've dutifully played it every other week since then. 7 years and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 minutes ago
- RT @newsyc20: Trump Administration Restricts H-1B Worker Visas Coveted by High Tech n.pr/2ETeCun ( bit.ly/2ETn6S3) 11 minutes ago
- RT @jonrog1: As one of the credited writers of CATWOMAN, I believe I have the authority to say: because it was a shit movie dumped by the s… 12 minutes ago
- RT @CharlieFlani: Si alikuwa amepewa lift twitter.com/Des_Sagwe/stat… 19 minutes ago
- Elgeyo Marakwet is the most beautiful part of this country that I've ever been to. Scenic. Breathtaking views. twitter.com/KResearcher/st… 22 minutes ago
- RT @nycsouthpaw: This article about Facebook’s auction system, which Brad Parscale just endorsed, says that Facebook systematically charged… 23 minutes ago
- RT @KevKartel: How a kalenjin would say "cute" twitter.com/Mocha__H/statu… 24 minutes ago