You wake up, you update your Facebook status. You check mail, I mean email not snail mail. Of course you were tweeting till you slept. Never mind you already read all the news items contained in the bulky tabloid the newspaper vendor is selling across the street! Need I say that your phone stayed on the whole night not for security reasons but so that your push notifications are delivered instantly? Ok, you haven’t forgotten the chat session you never ended since Morpheus kidnapped you earlier than you expected.
Take a breath, visualize a world without the internet, without the world wide web. Now take a break. Where would you read this blog post then? Clueless?
One of the main disadvantages of computers is that they make us, human beings, overdependent on them. I think this far and wide extends to the internet and all information systems. We just can’t live without the information superhighway. Can we?
I don’t know what others may think but it’s practically impossible to think of the world without the interconnectivity and seamless sharing of information that we are used to today.
That we are living in the information age is undisputable. That we have slaves of the Net, as we fondly refer to the internet, is not lost on anyone.
Thus for the developing countries, Kenya included, the growth of the information and communication technology (ICT) sector is something that should be of utmost priority because that is where our future as a nation lies.
Whether we like it or not, we have no option but to join the rest of the world in tapping the full potential of the internet. There are challenges but challenges are there to be overcome.
Follow me on Twitter
Also posted at ECHENZE KENYA
WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON HERE?
- RT @CharlieFlani: Si alikuwa amepewa lift twitter.com/Des_Sagwe/stat… 3 minutes ago
- Elgeyo Marakwet is the most beautiful part of this country that I've ever been to. Scenic. Breathtaking views. twitter.com/KResearcher/st… 6 minutes ago
- RT @nycsouthpaw: This article about Facebook’s auction system, which Brad Parscale just endorsed, says that Facebook systematically charged… 7 minutes ago
- RT @KevKartel: How a kalenjin would say "cute" twitter.com/Mocha__H/statu… 8 minutes ago
- RT @HawkAyo: We should not talk like we are specialists in Life 101. Wait until circumstances beyond your control in every way hit home as… 14 minutes ago
- RT @HawkAyo: I see guys judge Louis Otieno for his current predicament. Eti ooh he didn't save... Ooh, should have started a business.. Eti… 15 minutes ago
- RT @andrewmartonik: Alcatel is dropping its aim to even lower prices, focusing on a few key features. Leaving the mid-to-high end for Black… 15 minutes ago
- LG V30S ThinQ... TF? Looks like the guy who was doing device naming at Samsung was poached by their Korean competitors. 16 minutes ago
- RT @ijustine: 😭😂 https://t.co/ZaXJfrqHkn 18 minutes ago
- RT @HawkAyo: About Louis Otieno.. Friends do not owe you assistance. Some will help out and for those, be there for them because the help i… 19 minutes ago