You wake up, you update your Facebook status. You check mail, I mean email not snail mail. Of course you were tweeting till you slept. Never mind you already read all the news items contained in the bulky tabloid the newspaper vendor is selling across the street! Need I say that your phone stayed on the whole night not for security reasons but so that your push notifications are delivered instantly? Ok, you haven’t forgotten the chat session you never ended since Morpheus kidnapped you earlier than you expected.
Take a breath, visualize a world without the internet, without the world wide web. Now take a break. Where would you read this blog post then? Clueless?
One of the main disadvantages of computers is that they make us, human beings, overdependent on them. I think this far and wide extends to the internet and all information systems. We just can’t live without the information superhighway. Can we?
I don’t know what others may think but it’s practically impossible to think of the world without the interconnectivity and seamless sharing of information that we are used to today.
That we are living in the information age is undisputable. That we have slaves of the Net, as we fondly refer to the internet, is not lost on anyone.
Thus for the developing countries, Kenya included, the growth of the information and communication technology (ICT) sector is something that should be of utmost priority because that is where our future as a nation lies.
Whether we like it or not, we have no option but to join the rest of the world in tapping the full potential of the internet. There are challenges but challenges are there to be overcome.
Follow me on Twitter
Also posted at ECHENZE KENYA
WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON HERE?
- That story has made me mad! WTF? #PriceofHate 23 minutes ago
- 😂😂 twitter.com/Ngartia/status… 1 hour ago
- @KenyanHustler @MasokoKe @androidKE Namna gani! Si wewe ndio sonko wa maSamsung huu mtaa? Uza Gear then top up. S8 @60k is a good deal. 1 hour ago
- Myself and Assistant's terrible humour were made for each other https://t.co/2hb8xppATD 1 hour ago
- RT @wuodobech: There is no problem with golfing😂😂😂 You criticized Obama for golfing so now deal it! Golf as you want with Tiger Woods. htt… 1 hour ago
- RT @jeffersongraham: This just in from @Adobe: $2.87 billion spent online for pre-Black Friday Thanksgiving sales. 1 hour ago
- RT @SafaricomLtd: Don’t miss out on #Twaweza #BlackFriday deals today. Buy the Samsung Galaxy J3 for ONLY Ksh. 11,999/- and save Kshs. 3,50… 1 hour ago
- @KenyanHustler @MasokoKe @androidKE You're late 😄 1 hour ago
- RT @oliver_ogola: @KResearcher This is a knock off...Original Palito ilikuwa engraved na logo...sound deadly kuliko Bose! Ogopa Deejays owe… 1 hour ago