You wake up, you update your Facebook status. You check mail, I mean email not snail mail. Of course you were tweeting till you slept. Never mind you already read all the news items contained in the bulky tabloid the newspaper vendor is selling across the street! Need I say that your phone stayed on the whole night not for security reasons but so that your push notifications are delivered instantly? Ok, you haven’t forgotten the chat session you never ended since Morpheus kidnapped you earlier than you expected.
Take a breath, visualize a world without the internet, without the world wide web. Now take a break. Where would you read this blog post then? Clueless?
One of the main disadvantages of computers is that they make us, human beings, overdependent on them. I think this far and wide extends to the internet and all information systems. We just can’t live without the information superhighway. Can we?
I don’t know what others may think but it’s practically impossible to think of the world without the interconnectivity and seamless sharing of information that we are used to today.
That we are living in the information age is undisputable. That we have slaves of the Net, as we fondly refer to the internet, is not lost on anyone.
Thus for the developing countries, Kenya included, the growth of the information and communication technology (ICT) sector is something that should be of utmost priority because that is where our future as a nation lies.
Whether we like it or not, we have no option but to join the rest of the world in tapping the full potential of the internet. There are challenges but challenges are there to be overcome.
Follow me on Twitter
Also posted at ECHENZE KENYA
WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON HERE?
- 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 youtu.be/27dnddCq5gc 20 hours ago
- RT @CNN: Obama: “In the eyes of God, a child on the other side of the border is no less worthy of love... than my own child." https://t.co/… 20 hours ago
- Trump and Obama Visited Europe. One Got a Warm Welcome. nyti.ms/2s0segz 20 hours ago
- RT @UcheDandyMUFC: It's not pride or unreasonable standard if someone wants a better life for themselves, as long as they are working towar… 21 hours ago
- RT @ManUtd_HQ: A throwback tweet from Angel Gomes to Marcus Rashford https://t.co/QBhcNj2RYT 21 hours ago
- I can spot Stevie Wonder, civil rights icon Rep John Lewis & former Sec of State John Kerry as well. What a gatheri… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- RT @DavidNdii: A ferocious battle of wits between Mr. Njoroge and myself https://t.co/xhDQYZYqsh 21 hours ago
- RT @HawaiiDelilah: Pure gold. Macron walks towards Trump then swerves to greet Merkel. Handshakes others before finally greeting Trump http… 21 hours ago
- RT @kiruti: We found it a while back. It's a magazine twitter.com/ItsMJ254/statu… 21 hours ago
- RT @ggreenwald: One thing all desperate authoritarians do when they're in trouble is shamelessly exploit terror attacks for political gain.… 21 hours ago