Plagiarism in The Kenyan Blogosphere
That writing is an art is undisputed. However, it ceases to be an art and becomes an act when we have jokers and other useless characters claiming to be writers in the guise of blogging.
Plagiarism is a problem worldwide but the rate at which it has taken root locally is sickening. There are thousands and thousands of gifted, talented Kenyan bloggers. People who strive to pen their thoughts on various issues affecting mankind either socially, economically or politically. However, there are few others out there who believe in taking shortcuts. These are the ones I am writing about.
Whatever it is that you’ve decided to blog on, make sure the content is mature and of your creation. You can also decide to report on anything since reporting will require reference to multiple sources. However it is folly and the highest level of stupidity to just visit a website and copy all the content (copyrighted content for this matter) and paste on your blog. If you do this, try to acknowledge the source of your so called hot blogpost. Otherwise it is plagiarism and you are not different from that robber wallowing in remand as he awaits judgment from the magistrate.
Don’t be a thief of any content. Create yours in your own style and format.
First posted at ECHENZE KENYA
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page
About echenzeStudent of life, social media enthusiast and blogger. I love gadgets, isn't that obvious? When I'm not on my Droid reading something or tweeting, I'm hunched over my computer doing my classwork and checking out the latest in tech. Basically, I have no life besides gadgets :)
WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON HERE?
- RT @markgurman: Apple Brings on Team From Consultant Silicon Valley Data Science bloomberg.com/news/articles/… 38 minutes ago
- RT @maksphoria: This is the number of licenses and permits you need to open a business in Kenya😳. Ease of doing business is clearly alien t… 42 minutes ago
- RT @KennyCommaash: @citizentvkenya @National_Bank There was an attempted fraud! But the Bank's monitoring and security resources frustrate… 2 hours ago
- RT @citizentvkenya: Hackers breach @National_Bank systems making off with Sh29m, bank assures customers accounts not affected. https://t.c… 2 hours ago
- RT @RMac18: Yesterday, we published a story on the spread of fake information to affect the price of cryptocurrencies. One of the most obvi… 3 hours ago
- RT @kenyanwalstreet: Mobile and internet telephone charges in Africa are about four times higher than those in South Asia, and internationa… 3 hours ago
- Instagram now shows when users were last active theverge.com/2018/1/18/1690… via @Verge 5 hours ago
- It's already one year since @BLAZEKenya #BYOB contestants were revealed goo.gl/photos/XwLP5YE… 6 hours ago
- RT @Crazy_Nairobian: Mtu anaeza kukuuma ni Suarez, huyo Ozil kitu anaeza fanya ni kukuona 😂😂😂 twitter.com/FreddyMumeru/s… 9 hours ago
- RT @mmnjug: There is a group in court seeking to quash provisions in the Penal Code that make it illegal for consensual same sex https://t.… 9 hours ago