You wake up, you update your Facebook status. You check mail, I mean email not snail mail. Of course you were tweeting till you slept. Never mind you already read all the news items contained in the bulky tabloid the newspaper vendor is selling across the street! Need I say that your phone stayed on the whole night not for security reasons but so that your push notifications are delivered instantly? Ok, you haven’t forgotten the chat session you never ended since Morpheus kidnapped you earlier than you expected.
Take a breath, visualize a world without the internet, without the world wide web. Now take a break. Where would you read this blog post then? Clueless?
One of the main disadvantages of computers is that they make us, human beings, overdependent on them. I think this far and wide extends to the internet and all information systems. We just can’t live without the information superhighway. Can we?
I don’t know what others may think but it’s practically impossible to think of the world without the interconnectivity and seamless sharing of information that we are used to today.
That we are living in the information age is undisputable. That we have slaves of the Net, as we fondly refer to the internet, is not lost on anyone.
Thus for the developing countries, Kenya included, the growth of the information and communication technology (ICT) sector is something that should be of utmost priority because that is where our future as a nation lies.
Whether we like it or not, we have no option but to join the rest of the world in tapping the full potential of the internet. There are challenges but challenges are there to be overcome.
Follow me on Twitter
Also posted at ECHENZE KENYA
About echenzeStudent of life, social media enthusiast and blogger. I love gadgets, isn't that obvious? When I'm not on my Droid reading something or tweeting, I'm hunched over my computer doing my classwork and checking out the latest in tech. Basically, I have no life besides gadgets :)
WHAT’S BEEN GOING ON HERE?
- RT @markgurman: Apple Brings on Team From Consultant Silicon Valley Data Science bloomberg.com/news/articles/… 39 minutes ago
- RT @maksphoria: This is the number of licenses and permits you need to open a business in Kenya😳. Ease of doing business is clearly alien t… 43 minutes ago
- RT @KennyCommaash: @citizentvkenya @National_Bank There was an attempted fraud! But the Bank's monitoring and security resources frustrate… 2 hours ago
- RT @citizentvkenya: Hackers breach @National_Bank systems making off with Sh29m, bank assures customers accounts not affected. https://t.c… 2 hours ago
- RT @RMac18: Yesterday, we published a story on the spread of fake information to affect the price of cryptocurrencies. One of the most obvi… 3 hours ago
- RT @kenyanwalstreet: Mobile and internet telephone charges in Africa are about four times higher than those in South Asia, and internationa… 3 hours ago
- Instagram now shows when users were last active theverge.com/2018/1/18/1690… via @Verge 5 hours ago
- It's already one year since @BLAZEKenya #BYOB contestants were revealed goo.gl/photos/XwLP5YE… 6 hours ago
- RT @Crazy_Nairobian: Mtu anaeza kukuuma ni Suarez, huyo Ozil kitu anaeza fanya ni kukuona 😂😂😂 twitter.com/FreddyMumeru/s… 9 hours ago
- RT @mmnjug: There is a group in court seeking to quash provisions in the Penal Code that make it illegal for consensual same sex https://t.… 9 hours ago